Leverage Amazon Share of Voice To Win Organic And Paid Search
- Organic Share of Voice Brand Leaderboard
- Sponsored Share of Voice Brand Leaderboard
- Organic Share of Voice Product Leaderboard
- Sponsored Share of Voice Product Leaderboard
What is Amazon Share Of Voice?
Amazon Share of Voice is the measure of the visibility of different brands and their products on Amazon, for a given set of search terms, over a given time frame, in a given geography.
What is DataHawk’s Amazon Share Of Voice Report?
DataHawk’s Amazon Share of Voice Report gives you an analysis of all the products from all the brands that made it to page 1 to help you understand the competitive landscape for 80% of sales happening on Amazon in a given category. It evaluates your brand and its top products in every aspect, including:
- Market Dynamics
- Organic Share Of Voice
- Sponsored Share Of Voice, leveraging data and insights on multiple metrics.
Top KPIs For Amazon Share Of Voice Analysis:
- Products: The number of products that appeared on page 1 at least once for the analyzed search terms during the analyzed time period.
- Visibility by Brand: The number of times a brand was visible on page 1 for the analyzed search terms during the analyzed time period. The maximum value this metric could have is Products x Number of Analyzed Keywords x Time Period in Days. For instance, a brand that had 2 products that ranked for 3 analyzed keywords every single day on page 1 during a 7-days time period would have a Visibility of 2 x 3 x 7 = 42.
- Visibility by Product: The number of times a brand’s product was visible on page 1 for the analyzed search terms, during the analyzed time period, on average. The maximum value this metric could have is the Number of Analyzed Keywords x Time Period in Days. It’s also computed as Brand Visibility / Products and represents a KPI highlighting search performance efficiency by product.
- Share of Voice by Brand: The share of a brand in the competitive landscape in terms of Visibility on page 1 for the analyzed search terms during the analyzed time period. It is computed as follows: Brand Share of Voice = Brand Visibility / Sum (All Brands Visibility).
- Share of Voice by Product: The share of a brand’s average visible product in the competitive landscape in terms of Visibility on page 1 for the analyzed search terms during the analyzed time period. It is computed as follows: Product Share of Voice = Product Visibility / Sum (All Products Visibility).
- Estimated Annualized Sales: A far-fetched estimate of the annualized sales of the brand’s products appeared on page 1 at least once for the analyzed search terms, based on the analyzed time period. For more accuracy, make sure you track the competitive landscape’s products over a prolonged time period.
DataHawk’s proprietary metrics like Share of Voice by Brand & Product, Total Visibility by Brand & Product, both in terms of Organic & Sponsored Presence, serve as data-driven insights to help brands optimize their Amazon performance.
What you see on top is the Number of Analyzed Keywords used for the report. While generating the reports for yourself or your team, you can choose to track your desired keywords on DataHawk before generating the report or directly track them while running or scheduling the report from the Report Centre.
Amazon Share Of Voice Report Overview
What you see on top of the report is the Overview Of Top Brands, where you can get a quick glance at all the KPIs mentioned above for the top 4 brands on page 1 for the selected keywords. The overview also helps you gain insights on the number of Brands & Products that ranked at least once organically on Page1 during the analyzed period. A great way to begin benchmarking your competition.
Organic Search Market Dynamics
The market dynamics offers you key data on products that appeared organically on Page 1. You are able to view the price, star-rating, rating, and number of products by the brand on an average, min, low quartile, median, and top quartile view, which will give you a clear picture of how likely your search terms are to make it to page one. At this step, you know the top-ranking brands & the range of price, star ratings, ratings & number of products they fall in to have made it on page 1 and compare them with your position.
You can also look at page 2 pricing, ratings & star rating trends for any keyword using DataHawk’s Amazon Market Research.
Organic Share of Voice Brand Leaderboard
Getting into details,
Amazon Organic Share of Voice Brand Leaderboard here gives you a detailed analysis of the top 30 brands that are ranked in order of their visibility for the selected time frame. This means you have, the number of days during which products belonging to each brand have ranked organically in the desired ranking range, for an analyzed period, and for the desired set of search queries.
So now you are able to assess your competition on the basis of presence rate both by brand and also by product, given that different brands have different catalog sizes. The result is Share of Voice and efficiency by product. You are also able to view the Top ASINs from each brand within the same table along with the average price by brand.
What is most interesting is, the Sponsored section within the organic leaderboard that allows you to compare organic v/s paid search, based on share of voice & number of products for each Brand ranking organically in Top 30.
Sponsored Share of Voice Brand Leaderboard
We analyze the number of days during which products belonging to each brand have ranked by way of ads, in our desired ranking range, for our analyzed period and for our desired set of search queries.
This will give you an auto-generated ranking of brands that were the most visible as a result of advertising, for the analyzed keywords without having to collect and organize all this data manually.
The charts are based on the tables above. These will help you group your competition better, based on sov, average selling price, and aggregated ratings
Brand: Organic VS. Sponsored Share Of Voice
Brand Organic Share Of Voice VS. Average Selling Price
Brand Organic Share Of Voice VS. Sponsored Share Of Voice
Brands Visible Products VS. Aggregate Ratings
Organic Share of Voice Product Leaderboard
Ranking of products which were the most visible organically, for the analyzed keywords
It includes all the important KPIs for your research, including, ratings, star ratings, pricing, presence rate, average ranking, estimated annual sales, and estimated share. Estimated Annual Sales is a far-fetched estimate of the annualized sales of the brand’s products which appeared on page 1 at least once for the analyzed search terms, based on the analyzed time period. While looking at the organic performance of each product in the top 30 list, you are also able to compare their sponsored performance & draw insights to map your competitive landscape better, on each keyword that is related to your product. How cool is that!
Sponsored Share of Voice Product Leaderboard
Ranking of products that were the most visible as a result of advertising, for the analyzed keywords.
giving you the top three ASINs and an overview of the most important metrics and their estimated annual sales and estimated share on the shelf.
These Share Of Voice reports help you assess the driver of your sales on Amazon, that is the search performance. Measuring your performance on a brand level, in key areas such as market share, pricing, ratings, and visibility is imperative.
The constantly growing competition is what poses the main challenge. While planning your pricing and marketing strategies the most important factors to be considered are your competitors’ numbers (it includes both the number of competitors in the niche as well as their pricing and marketing activities.)
Gaining insights into the environment where you are working is crucial to success and growth in a market as crowded and competitive as Amazon. Moreover, the process of Share of Voice analysis itself can strike a plethora of ideas around marketing opportunities for your brand.
So if it has been a while since you’ve researched your competition and your space in the market, make sure you prioritize this soon!