What is the Amazon Request a Review Button
- Is It OK To Send My Own Amazon Review Requests As Well As Using The Button?
- Why Did They Create The Amazon Request A Review Button?
- Do I Have To Click The Button For One Order At A Time?
- Can I Still Request An Amazon Review Through Buyer-Seller Messaging?
- Final Thoughts
If you want to know how to get reviews on Amazon, the world’s most customer-centric company has another method to do so. You can find the Amazon request a review button on the details page in Seller Central. The new feature has raised several questions related to what this button does?
The answer to that question is obvious: it requests a review. The review request is elementary and handled entirely by Amazon’s system. The simplicity is a breath of fresh air when comparing this with some of Amazon’s policies.
As you might imagine, the simplicity of this item comes with its list of challenges. We plan on addressing those challenges in this article, ensuring that you receive seller feedback to help your product line gain popularity.
How Does Amazon Request A Review Button Work?
Typically, clicking it will result in Amazon displaying the following message:
“We don’t require you to request reviews because our systems already do that at no cost to you…”
If you decide to proceed with this request, the system will send an email to the buyer. The email is incredibly simplistic and requests a simple review of the specific product. If the buyer responds, you will see it on your Amazon review tracker.
For those just starting on Amazon, this button can allow you to retrieve both negative and positive feedback from your shoppers. It is also entirely compliant with Amazon’s seller policies, which can be a significant stress point for people starting.
What Are The Benefits Of Using The Amazon Request A Review Button?
- It produces a simple method for how to get reviews on Amazon.
- It is automatically produced on the Amazon review tracker.
- There is no risk of violating communication guidelines when using this button.
- You have complete control of when to send the request.
- It includes links that are easy to access for the customers.
- These product reviews translate to the customer’s preferred language.
- If you have restrictions from buyer-seller messaging, you can still use this system.
The request a review button is not the most effective method of getting reviews. Find out why by checking the drawbacks:
What Are The Limitations Of Using This System?
- There is no way to personalize the default email sent.
- You can only send review requests between five and 30 days.
- The process of clicking the button for each order can be tedious.
- You cannot track how many people respond to the email.
The email you send out does not have any options to customize. As a result, this impersonal letter is not always received well. If you are looking for a positive product review, the Amazon buyer-seller messaging center is preferred.
With a more personalized message, you can address the portion of people who have issues with your product. The message can encourage people to reach out to your customer service team rather than leaving behind a negative review. The understanding that not every experience will be positive is endearing, leading to better overall results.
What Does The Amazon Review Request Email Look Like?
The Amazon review request email has the following elements:
- Name of seller
- Name of product
- Image of product
- Unfilled stars to rate the product and the seller
Because of how this button operates, you cannot request people who haven’t purchased your product. This button is Amazon’s preferred method to request reviews, as it allows them to track when and how you send the request.
Note that the stars that are unfilled to try and remind the buyer to provide feedback. The email’s structure ensures the buyer doesn’t have to read to understand what’s going on.
Is It OK To Send My Own Amazon Review Requests As Well As Using The Button?
When asking yourself how to get reviews on Amazon, you may want to send an additional review request. As seen below, Amazon’s communication guidelines tell you that it is alright to send review requests in some situations.
Below are some details on their guidelines for what you can and cannot do regarding requesting reviews:
- You cannot send a repeat review request if one is already out.
- Do not request the removal of a negative review.
- Do not imply that they should only give you a positive review.
- Do not incentivize a positive review by offering compensation, gift cards, money, or other bonuses.
In some cases, the things you cannot send already come from Amazon directly. Also, a solution to “how to get reviews on Amazon” typically doesn’t involve repeated requests.
Why Did They Create The Amazon Request A Review Button?
Amazon created this system to make it easier for sellers to follow the terms of service. The fine print of any contract can be challenging for people to tackle. This compliance effort becomes more challenging if things fall outside of the Amazon review tracker.
The system also works to smash some of the most common offenders of this policy. Creators of fake reviews can sometimes hire third-party people to write them. Review manipulation is still a significant issue on the platform. Below are some common violations:
- Incentivized reviews offer people gifts, money, enhanced warranties, or other items in exchange for positive reviews. The incentive makes the review worthless for the reader.
- Cherry-picking allows the seller to choose only people who have had a positive experience with their product. This review-gathering technique gives buyers a skewed view of what’s going on.
- Manipulative language can turn the reader to only leave behind a review of their experience is positive. The idea is to play at their heart by reminding them you are a “family-owned business” as they make a request.
By improving the ease-of-use on their platform for review requests, it gives sellers less reason to fabricate product reviews. By simplifying review request emails, Amazon wants to keep everything on the platform to track everything easily.
Do I Have To Click The Button For One Order At A Time?
You can do this using Amazon’s API, which allows you to create programs and applications to handle this on your behalf. This API is the best option for those who work on larger scales. If you are a smaller seller, you can also consider downloading browser extensions.
Download those browser extensions at your own risk. Reviews typically tell you whether you can trust them, but those might be fake. Look for consistency amongst reviews and see if customers of those extensions have expressed concerns.
Can I Still Request An Amazon Review Through Buyer-Seller Messaging?
Yes and no. At the risk of sounding inconclusive, there are only some situations where you can request a review through buyer-seller messaging.
First, if you have already sent a review request through the button, you cannot follow this up with another review request. Amazon communication guidelines make it pretty clear that you cannot create duplicate review requests. Your customers will not appreciate the extra layer of harassment.
The one way you could potentially get around this is through a general check-up. Customer reviews are more likely to happen when you are willing to see how the user is enjoying your products.
Amazon sends you a message that indicates that you shouldn’t use this message center if you try. Asking, “are you sure you want to request a review for this order?” Provided that you remember you should only send them one review request, you can use this messaging platform.
The Amazon request a review button is a reliable option for people who are nervous about producing their review. Amazon handles everything, and you can easily see it go through the system with the Amazon review tracker. Given the simplicity, it isn’t the most effective method of requesting reviews.
The email sent contains an empty list of stars, encouraging shoppers to fill those stars out. Those hoping for an automatic 5-star review may receive the opposite if the customer is frustrated. The need to have a customizable message is essential in star ratings.
For those who are new to Amazon, this system will take another problem out of their lap. Given Amazon’s complex review request requirements, it is vital to ensure you have a system in place that doesn’t violate this. Just be sure that you don’t make more than one request, and you will be ready to choose between this or other forms of requests.
With DataHawk, your Amazon review monitoring is taken to another level.
Not only you will be able to track your listing’s reviews on a daily basis, but you will also be able to correlate those variations to your sales velocity, your BSR progression, and any other key metrics for your Amazon Business.
Check out the amazing Amazon software for sellers now!