Coconut Merchant Uses DataHawk to Gain Market Intelligence
London-based Coconut Merchant ethically sources the world’s largest range of coconut products. Partnered with farmers across Sri Lanka, Thailand, Vietnam, the Philippines, and Indonesia, the Coconut Merchant team simply wants to make the world a better place, one ethically-sourced coconut at a time. Their ultimate objective is to support these partner farmers by helping them share the fruits of their labor with the world.
Coconut Merchant wanted to expand their brick-and-mortar presence in the UK by using retailers such as Tesco, Sainsbury’s, and Morrisons. But they faced a unique set of challenges in their quest for eCommerce growth on Amazon. Coconut Merchant wanted to:
- Accurately identify and consistently track competitor data on Amazon
- Maximize their brand’s presence and exposure on Amazon
- Reach new audiences on Amazon
DataHawk’s suite of data-driven Amazon-centric solutions such as SEO, advertising, and listing analysis tools provided Coconut Merchant with insights that enabled them to carefully devise and effectively deploy their Amazon growth strategy, resulting in the brand scaling their Amazon business beyond their expectations.
Within just ten months, Coconut Merchant saw revenues multiply 40x!
Once Coconut Merchant added their products to their DataHawk account, for each of their products, our Keyword Look Up tool showed them:
- The search queries with the highest search volume and their corresponding ranks
- These are their most relevant keywords
- This was a ‘Eureka!’ moment; suddenly, Coconut Merchants knew exactly what their target customers were looking for
- By adding those keywords to their listings and in the back-end, they could drive more impressions, more traffic, and more sales. This further boosted their products’ organic ranks
- Using DataHawk’s Advertising solution, Coconut Merchant was able to keep its finger on the pulse of its PPC campaigns – impressions, clicks, CTR, CPC, ACoS, conversion rate, ad sales weight, and post-ads margin
- They were then able to compare these metrics with keyword and sales rank data
- This resulted in a lowered ACoS and a boost in profit margins
Given that Coconut Merchant wanted to identify and track competitor data accurately, DataHawk’s Market Research tool was perfect for them. Our AI-enabled systems uncovered competing products for each of Coconut Merchant’s products on Amazon. They were then able to track the keywords for which their competitors were ranking organically and gain a deeper understanding of market dynamics.
Coconut Merchant discovered how price, star rating, and number of ratings influenced the rank – on the sponsored side and the tactics used by competitors on their product detail pages. Coconut Merchant used all of this insight to gain a competitive edge.
They incorporated new keywords on listings and were able to run ads more judiciously by bidding only on appropriate keywords. As a result, they improved their visibility on Amazon.At the time of writing this article, for the search term ‘Coconut Oil,’ they stood at #4 in the ‘Sponsored’ section on Page 1 of Amazon.
To make sure Coconut Merchant remained on top of their game, they leveraged our Listing Analysis tool, which compares brands’ product detail pages against Amazon’s listing guidelines, and delivers an actionable score.
Coconut Merchant was then able to evaluate and improve every single element of every single listing – title, bullet points, images, description/A+ content, keywords, resulting in increased visibility and traffic on Amazon.