Gardyn Achieves 26.2% Growth in Sales With Marketplace Management
Gardyn is an AI-driven indoor-farming company giving everyday people the ability to grow fresh, organic food at home. Gardyn is fully automated and requires only 2 square feet of space!
In their words, “The AI-powered vertical indoor-growing system lets you choose from 32 fruits, vegetables, greens, herbs and flowers that will ripen right in your living room”. Gardyn lets you “Make At-Home Vertical Farming Small, Simple, and Stylish.”
Gardyn wanted a partner with DataHawk to accomplish two main goals:
- To increase their sales on Amazon
- To improve their margins on Amazon
DataHawk’s Managed Services was the perfect solution given Gardyn’s unique product. Managed Services allowed us to provide complete Amazon Account Management for Gardyn and employ various data-driven tools and strategies to:
- Improve Gardyn’s organic visibility
- Improve their sponsored visibility
- Lower their ACoS & TACoS
- Increase their RoAS & blended RoAS
Of course, all of these are easier said than done. Unless you’re using DataHawk, in which case, it’s a cakewalk!
In order to improve Gardyn’s organic visibility, DataHawk used a multi-pronged approach:
SEO – Given that 90% of product page views result from organic searches, SEO still remains the bread & butter of Amazon selling. To be truly successful in the hyper-competitive marketplace, it’s imperative to excel in SEO.
Therefore, DataHawk focused on the following for Gardyn:
- Content and PDP Optimization: By studying keyword ranks for both Gardyn and their competitors and analyzing competitor PDPs, DataHawk produced custom, data-driven recommendations for Gardyn’s Product Detail Page content. This included recommendations for title, description, bullet points, A+ content, and back-end search terms. By studying the correlations between keyword ranks and PDP content, we were able to determine which keywords used where on the PDPs would drive the best results for Gardyn.
- Organic Ranks Optimization: DataHawk’s software captures market dynamics for every single tracked keyword. DataHawk is privy to the impact of price, ratings, and star ratings on products’ organic ranking for any given (tracked) keyword. This allows us to make data-driven recommendations on actions around pricing strategy, ads strategy, and content strategy to optimize organic ranks and generate increased organic traffic and sales.
- Optimizing Back-End Search Terms: Though invisible on the front-end, the importance of back-end search terms cannot be overstated. Back-end search term optimization is crucial to achieving visibility for relevant product search terms after you’ve reached Amazon’s character thresholds on the front-end.
Advertising – Advertising is an incredibly powerful tool. Not only does advertising boost sales in the short term, but also increases product organic ranking in the long term. In order to boost Gardyn’s Sponsored visibility, DataHawk performed the following:
- Judicious Bidding: We reviewed top-performing customer search terms based on historical ads. We looked at those with High Impressions + High CTR + Low CPS, and doubled down on bidding for those terms.
- Bid Optimization: We increased Phrase Match Bids on keywords for which Gardyn wasn’t consistently ranking on page 1 of search results as a Sponsored Product.
- Organic Rank Reclamation: We increased Phrase Match Bids on keywords for which Gardyn’s rank had fallen significantly behind the best-ever rank, organically speaking.
- Competitors Search: DataHawk’s Market Research tool tracks the best-selling products across 20,000 Amazon categories. As such, emerging competition requires only a couple of clicks to get started. We uncovered Gardyn’s direct & ancillary competitors in the “Plant Germination Kits” category on Amazon and launched campaigns showing Gardyn on competing PDPs. The goal was to drive traffic away from their pages to Gardyn’s pages.
- Sponsored Brand Video Targeting: Gardyn already had a beautiful product and video to show it off. We thought, why not take the video to the shoppers and show them that (thanks to Gardyn) growing food could be effortless while improving home aesthetics. As such, we launched Sponsored Brand Video targeting to let Gardyn speak for itself.
Gardyn already had amazing product, but what it needed was a push in the right direction. This was achieved through increased visibility on Amazon, leading to higher sales and better margins.
In the most recent quarter, Gardyn experienced:
- A 53% increase in units sold
- An average sales growth of 26.2%
- A decrease in TACoS, from 69.8% to 25.1%
The cherry on top was the average blended RoAS of 4.1x during their time using DataHawk Managed Services. In fact, even on the worst days, Gardyn managed to get a blended RoAS of 1.4x. We continue to assist Gardyn in maximizing their potential, putting the planet first, one Gardyn at a time.