How to Leverage TikTok to
Promote Your Amazon Products
- What is TikTok?
- How to Promote Amazon Products on TikTok Build Your TikTok Following
What is TikTok?
Why Should Amazon Sellers Use TikTok?
- According to one source, TikTok users in the United States spent 858 minutes per month on average on the platform.
- 36.0% of US marketers used TikTok for influencer marketing, a 33% growth from the prior year. That number increased to 42.0% in 2021 and will only continue to grow til 2025. TikTok is drawing nearer to tying with Facebook in terms of influencer marketing use.
- Only the two largest platforms, Instagram and Facebook, currently outrank TikTok’s widespread use among influencers. Even more businesses and brands who use influencer marketing will continue to use TikTok over YouTube, Twitter, and Snapchat in
Future predictions indicate that by 2025, 54.9% of marketers will use TikTok influencers to help promote their brands, and 66.4% of influencer marketers will be using this app as well. As with all forms of technology, trends and strategies evolve organically, but the popularity of TikTok is expected to remain (source).
- In 2021 alone, TikTok’s revenue reached an estimated $4.6 billion, equating to a 142% increase year-over-year.
Source The TikTok Report
- In Q4 2021, TikTok reached 1.2 billion monthly active users and is expected to reach an estimated 1.5 billion by the end of 2022.
Source The TikTok Report
- 600 million users in China access TikTok on a daily basis.
- The TikTok app has been downloaded over three billion times.
Interestingly, the highest percentage of TikTok users have an income stream of over $100,000 annually. This means your potential customers have a decent amount of expendable income to spend on your products!
Check out the chart below detailing these findings.
How to Promote Amazon Products on TikTok Build Your TikTok Following
- Have you strategically placed well-researched and targeted keywords throughout your content?
- Have you uploaded high-quality images and written concise and accurate product detail listings?
If you’ve put the time into crafting an excellent Amazon product listing page, you’re ready to start building a TikTok account.
The first step is to create an account on TikTok. Follow the steps provided on TikTok’s website, and then connect your social media accounts to your TikTok.
Your best bet is to connect those accounts with the most followers in order to gain the most exposure.
Know Your Amazon Target Audience First!
Check out our Buyer Persona guide for a guided tutorial on creating a buyer persona.
Use Custom Audience Targeting on TikTok
If you’re familiar with Facebook’s audience customization, you will find TikTok’s model to be similar. Custom audience targeting is based on existing and previous user engagement with your brand, and Lookalike Audiences.
Choose from four types of Custom Audiences on TikTok:
- Upload a spreadsheet containing your customer data and target just this list. In order to do this, simply, upload a file (.csv/.txt/.zip format).
- Choose Engagement – Select “engagement” to target users who have interacted with your ad content – Choose the type of engagement-based ad group ID, impressions or clicks, or time period.
- App Activity – Targeted based on various events which include: Activate, Register, Purchase, Checkout, Add to cart, and View content. – You need to have a third-party tracking platform to target with this option.
- Website Traffic – From the following events: View Content, Click Button, Purchase, Form Submission, Consult, Start Trial, Contact. You can select audiences for up to a maximum of up to a 180 day time period.
Create Engaging Branded Content
TikTok is a video-sharing application, so the obvious content to use is video. What’s great about TikTok is that your clips don’t have to be full-length feature films, and they don’t have to be produced by Jerry Bruckheimer.
All you have to do is create engaging clips of 10-15 seconds long to advertise the Amazon products you want to sell. You don’t even need a professional camera, you can use your iPhone.
Not sure what to make? You can use the following strategies to help get some ideas going.
- Take a look at what other influencers and brands who sell similar products are doing. How are they approaching their customer? In what ways is their content engaging?
- Try to think about how your product is used in everyday life, and create funny, entertaining, and original videos about its use.
- Remember, today’s eCommerce buyers, and TikTok users will give you very little of their attention. This is why short but evocative is the ideal strategy.
Connect Your TikTok to Your Other Social Media Accounts
Make sure to add links to your TikTok account, as well as your Instagram, Facebook, and other social media accounts directly to your Amazon store.
This is how potential buyers can be redirected to learning more about your product through your TikTok videos.
Take Advantage of Influencer Marketing
One of the Great things about TikTok is the availability of influencers ready and willing to promote your brand on TikTok
When chosen correctly, an influencer can use their large following to put your product front row and center of their feed. Not only does using influencers increase awareness, but having the social proof of an influencer in your niche makes your product seem significantly more desirable.
TikTok influencer’s content usually feels more authentic to viewers than traditional advertising. They often film themselves describing their own experience with the product, which comes off as trustworthy.
In order to find the best influencers to work with, search on TikTok using targeted keywords relevant to your product category. From there, you can identify which influencers have the highest following, and who will be best suited to promote your brand and product.
You can also search for influencers in TikTok’s Creator Marketplace. The Marketplace is where influencers and brands connect. You can view data-driven insights and find tools to create an influencer-driven marketing campaign.
Explore TikTok’s Other Advertising Options
You have two options; self-service advertising or TikTik ad management-assisted advertising. Depending on your level of knowledge, speaking to an advertising manager may be a good place to start.
Self-Service ad options include ads placed in-feed videos. Users will see your ads as they scroll through the suggested feed page, called the “For You Page”. What’s great about these ads is that they are not invasive and blend in with other user-generated videos.
If you choose to have an advertising manager assist you, they will advertise your products using branded hashtags challenges, brand takeovers, what are known as “TopView ads” and more.
You will need to sign your business up for a TikTok Business account in order to start using ads on TikTok. From there, you can access the TikTok Ad Manager and start creating campaigns. You can choose to advertise based on a goal based on metrics such as reach, brand awareness, website traffic, or sales.
The TikTok advertising platform is very similar to Facebook in terms of targeting in that you will choose filters such as age, gender, location, and interests.
Use TikTok’s Resources for Help
If you’re interested in selling as many of your Amazon products as possible, utilizing TikTok is a necessity. The goal of this article was to share with you why TikTok is an important part of your marketing strategy and is a fast-growing platform on which you can effectively advertise your products.
Hopefully, you also learned the basics about how you can get started producing TikTok content. Remember, TikTok is a different breed of social media that requires creativity and engaging content. But this platform is growing at great speeds and eCommerce and Amazon brands who take advantage are bound to be more successful than those who choose not to.