DataHawk Announces a $7 Million USD Series A Equity Funding Round to Become the Global Leader in Multi-Channel eCommerce Analytics and Optimization
September 23, 2021 Paris, France
DataHawk Technologies (https://datahawk.co) announces a Series A funding round of $7 million USD in equity financing. The Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) start-up is positioned to become the leader in democratizing access to professional eCommerce enablement software.
Launched in 2018, DataHawk helps emerging to large brands better run their eCommerce operations thanks to a centralized operating system for analytics and optimizations.
Investment firms and individuals backing the eCommerce acceleration platform include Spring Invest (lead investor), Hi Inov, Axeleo Capital, Mission M, Bleu Capital, LeFonds, Léon Seynave, Christophe Chausson, and others.
This financing round will give DataHawk the capacity to hire more than 80 new employees over the next 12 months, add support for additional eCommerce channels, and enhance AI & recommendation capabilities. Additionally, this funding paves the way for a planned US office expansion, as over 60% of DataHawk customers are US-based.
The company plans to expand on its current software capabilities for brands selling goods on Amazon and Walmart. This fresh capital infusion will also help DataHawk increase its multi-channel capabilities by supporting brands on other online distribution channels.
Founders Isaac Duplan, Sylvain Paget, and Othmane Sghir share a vision to build an all-in-one eCommerce acceleration platform that brands can use to analyze, monitor, benchmark, improve, and automate their eCommerce operations and performance across multiple channels.
“Direct-to-consumer is accelerating at an unprecedented pace, and brands struggle to have good visibility on their performance and an efficient way to manage their eCommerce operations, particularly when selling their goods on multiple online channels. Our vision is to build a centralized multi-channel eCommerce Business Management Platform to help any brand be more successful.”
Othmane Sghir, CEO & Co-Founder
Launched in 2018, DataHawk has built a proprietary technology that collects and processes millions of data points daily. This data is then processed, analyzed, and displayed on intuitive dashboards, helping DataHawk users extract exceptional insights on their business performance, benchmark it against the competition, and access recommendations for further improvement. The company had previously raised $1M in Seed financing in 2019.
DataHawk customers include
- leading global brands like Ekaterra (the tea division of Unilever)
- many of the most prominent Amazon brand aggregators like Unybrands, Boosted Commerce, or Olsam
- multiple leading global agencies like Tinuiti (the largest independent performance marketing firm across the triopoly of Google, Facebook, and Amazon) or GroupM
- hundreds of emerging direct-to-consumer brands and resellers on Amazon.
The company grew 300% year-over-year, boasts a team of 35 employees, and processes multiple billions in Gross Merchandise Volume (GMV) from its users and customers.
For more information, visit DataHawk.co
The eCommerce industry is booming:
- Post-COVID, small to large brands and retailers alike are flocking to Amazon and other marketplaces to sell much-needed items to those who have been, and continue to be, at home. According to research from Morgan Stanley, 2020 was a year in which two years of eCommerce adoption were pulled forward, with US eCommerce penetration growing from 16.3% in 2018 to 23.3% in 2020.
- 63% of US online retail flows through marketplaces like Amazon.
- Amazon alone boasts over 1.5 million active sellers, with approximately 25,000 of them making over $1 million worth in sales. Walmart’s marketplace now hosts over 100,000 sellers, with 31,000 joining in 2021.
- US eCommerce revenue is predicted to reach over $740B by 2023, with Amazon already capturing 40.4% of total eCommerce sales.
DataHawk’s eCommerce analytics and optimization software suite currently cover the following areas:
- Search Engine Optimization: Increasing organic traffic to products’ listings is the bread and butter of building a profitable eCommerce business. Brands need to maintain control over their advertising expenditures and decrease their reliance on advertising-generated sales. DataHawk helps brands gain better visibility on their organic performance relative to competitors and get insights to help improve it, hence increasing organic sales and overall margins. The company likes to compare its SEO solution to an intuitive Google Analytics for eCommerce.
- Product Analytics: Brands struggle to keep an eye on their product data and benchmark it relative to competitors. DataHawk provides a solution for effortless monitoring, timely alerting, and gathering of powerful intel on the smallest changes on product data, such as changes in price and other product details and performance metrics.
- Market Intelligence: At a time where data and algorithms can determine success, brands need to have an exhaustive understanding of the competitive landscape. DataHawk has built Market Research and Intelligence capabilities that help brands analyze markets, categories, search queries, and competitors to make smarter business decisions.
- Advertising: Brands are spending tens of billions of advertising dollars on eCommerce channels such as Amazon which surpassed 10% of the US digital ad market in 2020 according to eMarketer, with $15.7 billion in the US alone. Monitoring and improving advertising performance and attributing its impact on sales across multiple distribution channels is a complicated yet paramount challenge for brands, particularly when running ads on various platforms. DataHawk provides a powerful advertising analytics solution to help brands better monitor, analyze, and increase the performance of their ads and increase their return-on-ad-spend.
- Finance: Having an accurate overview of financial performance across multiple distribution channels is critical for any eCommerce business. DataHawk is building advanced financial analytics solutions to help provide unprecedented access to the most accurate and up-to-date eCommerce sales and expenditures data, ultimately assisting brands to easily understand the financial health of their business.